CLASS LIST + (GENERAL EDUCATION)
The following is a list of the General Education (GE) classes I teach at both the graduate and undergraduate level. Where indicated click to view classroom materials.
Numbers identify intended level of course:
- 00000(F) - 09999 = typically represents skill enhancement / foundation courses
- 10000 – 10499 = typically represent first year courses
- 20500 – 20899 = typically represent second year courses
- 30900 – 31099 = typically represent third year courses
- 41100 – 41299 = typically represent fourth year courses
GE 10120 Art History: Prehistoric to Mannerist
- This course surveys Western art forms relative to political, social, religious, and economic movements from antiquity to the Mannerist period. Topics include painting, sculpture, decorative arts, and architecture.
GE 10230 Art History: Baroque to Contemporary
- This course surveys Western art forms relative to political, social, religious, and economic movements from the Baroque to present day. Topics include painting, sculpture, decorative arts, architecture, photography, and conceptual art.
GE 20810 History of Film
- This course introduces students to the aesthetic, technical, and historical principles of film and the artists who were instrumental in its development and growth. Students will examine the creative process and analyze the different genres of film.
GE 30970 History of 20th Century Art
- This course will cover the history of 20th Century art. It will explore the inter-relationship between historical, social, political, religious and technological developments in the 20th century and the art that was a reflection of these developments. The course will discuss the modern artist’s role in society as innovator, social activist, explorer, critic and prophet.
GE 20650 Graphic Design History
- This course will examine the influences of societal trends, historical events, technological developments and the fine arts on contemporary graphic design, illustration, typographic design, architectural design, photography and fashionable design trends in general. Through lectures, supplied visual examples, independent